Ryan Watts is deeply connected to this part of North Carolina and he needs your help to defeat an incumbent who takes his power for granted and uses it to benefit corporations and big donors instead of everyday people. We can achieve this goal, but we need a strong team of dedicated field organizers to do it. If you are passionate about Democratic politics and looking for a way to help affect change this November, apply to be a Watts Field Organizer!
Your Role in the campaign:
- Recruiting, training and managing interns, team leaders, and volunteers and expanding the volunteer network
- Planning and managing voter contact events; phone banks, text banks and canvasses
- Knocking on doors and make phone calls
- Working with local leaders, county parties, neighborhood team leaders and other partners to coordinate community events and volunteer activity over a designated geographic area
- Experienced in working for or volunteering on political campaigns
- Great time management and organization skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent listening skills and ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Background in managing teams, holding individuals accountable to goals and coordinating between multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics and a positive, solutions-oriented attitude
- Reliable transportation
- Willing to commit 40+ hours a week, particularly in late afternoons/evenings and weekends
We are particularly seeking Field Organizers for Randolph and Person/Caswell counties.
Field Organizers have the opportunity to further hone skills in political organizing, and to make a significant difference in the outcome of the 2018 midterm election. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a stipend for travel expenses.
This election will be tight, so we are looking for the best. Organizing is inspiring but difficult work, so only those with a serious interest should apply. Please apply online at: wattsforcongress.com
|Job Category||Afternoons/Evenings, Full-Time, Weekends|